Localization Flectra

The Flectra is not fully localized. Not always satisfied with the quality of the translation functions in my language.

1. How is the functionality of the Flectra translated to a specific language?
  2. Is there a structure responsible and controlling this process?
  3. Where can I find a detailed description of the localization process?
  4. What tools are used to translate Flectra?
    I have extensive experience in creating application systems on various platforms. I want to take part in the translation of the flectra into my language. Translation will also allow me to better understand the ideology and use the functions of the system.

Currently there is no translation mechanism set up for Flectra. You can fork the repo, make changes for translation and put PR for merging into master.

I know it. Thanks for the answer.
I want everything to be technological.
Any plans for this? Ready to take a passive part in this.

We are already trying to find best fit solution since last few weeks, transifex (too costly), crowdin (slow and still pricey), weblate ( limits number of languages), pootle (testing in progress), making something on top of Flectra ( too time consuming)

Localization needs a proper guide.

They way to do it for now is technical, as it requires forking Flectra repository, working on language files (located in i18n folders, there are Gettext files (.po)) and asking for merge request into Gitlab.

There is also a little technical guide around translations.

(edit : cross post with Parthiv)

making something on top of Flectra ( too time consuming)

I have thoughts on this.
Maybe over time, when I raise my knowledge in Flestra, I will try to implement it inside Flestra.
It is not a secret that even within one localization, some translations will have specificity, which depends on the type of business.

In developer mode, inside Flectra itself, you can already see, in Configuration, i18n terms and update them if needed. I’m unsure how these edits survive after addons update, as I rarely use direct UI edits.

I also did not want to make direct changes. Then they need to be supported

Localization also requires more correct guidance on the functionality of the system. With this, so far, all is not well either.

I think a solution like translating the website in flectra would be greatful. A kind of WYSIWYG to know the context of a translation and also see the available place for the translated term would help improving the translations extremly.

Many translations are weird because of missing context while translating terms. And as a bonus, a terminology database would be greatful.

I know, however, that such features take up an enormous amount of time.
But if I count back how much time we’ve spent correcting translations, it would save a lot of time (and money).
Here in Switzerland, where we have three national languages and in 80% also english it is realy tedious to translate and fix existing translations.

Maybe some funding would help improving these features.

A community translation system like crowdin, Will be fine.

In other project ( ie yetiforce) this Choose has boosted the translation in other languages, with many and many tools for simplifying the process.
For example if there is an additional string untraslated after a commit, an email alert me (with specific link that point to this label) and traslate the string in 1 or 2 minutes… Very very simple

Integrated with gitlab

Another example: the system recognize a string and propose me the translation of the same in other point of project, or suggest me a translation via yandex or Microsoft translators

Also Odoo use transifex.

Crowdin is way too costly and doesn’t consider Flectra as open source project.

We tried couple of other options like weblate but it takes too long to synchronization even the small change for the translation.

We are open for other alternatives.

Why crowdin doesn’t approve fkectra
as open source project…
But anyway …other alternatives
pootle
or (seems better) weblate

.PO files for translations are removed from # odoo13 and instead of it, #Odoo will use #polib python library
How are things with the translation tool in Flectra now?